Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend training + nap


It was a great weekend of training:

Saturday:
3 hr Bike followed with a 20 min run, then massage

Sunday
1:20 Run, and an extra few minutes on the cross bike. After which I promptly fell asleep watching "Back to the Future 2" and woke up during "Back to the Future 3".

I've learned how to turn my bike computer (Garmin Edge 705) into a "Virtual Partner". What that means is I program in the bike ride that I'm about to do and estimate my average speed. While I ride the course the computer will tell me if I am ahead or behind the "Virtual Partner", and by how far. And if I think I'm winning to easily, the "virtual partner" gets a reset at certain points along the ride (puts me behind ~500 meters) and I've got to work it to catch back up. It really hurt when the virtual partner reset with 2 kms left into an 86 km ride on Saturday. But I can say that I won the sprint to the line! Got him by 15 meters. Man did that hurt!

I'm a geek, get used to it.

No comments: