Sunday, September 27, 2009

The best part of riding uphill

These photo's were taken yesterday at the top of Goldstrem Ridge Estates. Kinda makes all the 10-18% grades worth riding.

This is the road that I climbed. It drops down at 15-18%.

Mt. Finlayson is the first peak in this photo.

Saanich in the background



Empty lots up here sell for $499,000. Great view, but you know winter is going to be hard up here.

This is the route that I took to get to Goldstream Ridge Estates. It's the same route as the previous elevation profile from a week ago (I call this route "Rubber Legs"). I wanted to test myself on a tough route to see how my climbing legs can recover from lasts weeks effort. I finished the 2nd ride faster (5 mins) and I was able to stay standing once I got home. A definite improvement over the first time. I was still fairly shattered later in the day and was asleep by 9pm.

Today's run was 2 hours and included the Oak Bay waterfront, 10 mile point, Arbutus Road, partial UVIC's Ring Road, Mt. Tolmie, and finally Richmond & Foul Bay Roads. I followed this up with a solid 1 hr nap. Now it's time to take the dog to the park, or another nap...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: