It's Sunday morning and I thought I'd share my weekly routine of making Kale chips for the week. I am making a Salt & Vinegar version this week, it's super simple and way healthier than store bought chips. There are no ingredients that I cannot pronounce and everything is a natural product. This was one of the first items I made when thinking about eating more plants since it seemed like a good way to incorporate Kale in our diets. Since the first taste, I've likely made these chips 2-3 times a month. They are so good.
The ingredients are:
- 1 head of Kale (any variety will do, though curly is best)
- 1/2 cup of soaked (2hrs) Cashews or Sunflower seeds (no need to soak the Sunflower seeds)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- a little bit of water to liquefy the mixture paste
You will also need a food processor and a food dehydrator. You can bypass the dehydrator and use your oven, but you will have to frequently check to make sure you aren't cooking your chips.