Monday, June 9, 2008

@#%$^@!# Trainer workout

I don't know exactly what I did, but the weather gods sure love to play tricks with me. It rained hard all day long as the weather gave it's best February impression in June. I decided after riding home from work on the scooter that I will wait until 5:30 then I will decide if I ride outside or indoors on the trainer. I was really hoping the weather would turn around and I could do the ride coach Mike wrote out.

I don't know what it is about the trainer rides but I never look forward to doing them and they are typically skipped in favour of the couch and TV. 5:30 came and the weather looked worse. So I decided to ride inside. Or maybe I wouldn't.... Tammy interjected and she wouldn't let me skip this workout, I know I'll thank her in the long run. But I am still allowed to grumble a little.

It always seems to take longer to set-up a indoor ride for me, I just don't seem to be able to find anything right away. So I'm setting up the trainer and bike; gotta find the right QR skewer, grab a towel, fill the bottles up, make sure I have music, spinervals DVD's, remotes in jersey, turn on the fan, etc... After about 20 minutes I finally put my shoes on and start riding. I looked out the window and it's very sunny and the roads are 90% dry (@#$##!^). I refocused on the task at hand and complete my workout on the trainer. The weather outside during my entire workout is amazing! I jump into the shower, take a fast shower and afterwards I look out the window and it's pissing rain with crazy wind again. This is some crazy stupid weather......

No comments: