Sunday, August 23, 2009

Massage

I regularly have a deep tissue "sports" massage every 2 weeks, but am starting to hit the massage table weekly since I've recently ramped up my training intensity (for SilverMan). As I laid on the table yesterday, I heard Simon (my Masseuse) say,"Wow it's been quite a while since I've seen muscles this tight, I think I was 4!" And believe me, that session was tough. I went in complaining of a tight calf and came out realizing that I have rocks in my hamstrings and my quadriceps are gelled into 1 knotted muscle instead of 4 (quad). I think I blacked out from the pain since the session seemed to go by so fast. Luckily for me, Simon knows just how hard to work the muscles that I never seem to bruise, though at the time I am sure that I am. After that session I had felt like a steamroller had gone to town on my legs. It was all worth it since I had a great run today with zero pain from my calf.

No comments: